Everything that we do has an impact on the environment that we rely on.
We are keen to minimise this impact and encourage others to take part too. No matter how small an action may seem, it is combines with all the other little actions and helps in a big way. We do not have all the answers yet but things that we are trying include:
- Reducing energy consumption throughout the lifecycle of an item
- Making things that can be easily and fully dismantled at the end of their life
- Modular construction to enable upgrades instead of replacement
- Low energy light sources – on a case by case basis as sometimes a tungsten lamp can use less energy than discharge or LED lighting
- Rechargeable batteries
- Electronic supply of literature
- High quality components and assembly to ensure long product life
There is a lot of work happening in the entertainment industry to research, share and support. A great place to start is the Sustainability in Production Alliance.